Supervisors are key personnel in the implementation and overall success of the safety program. Training of supervisors is a logical first step, since supervisors will help in training the other employees.
Supervisors are responsible and accountable for ensuring that all work activities in their area are conducted in a safe manner. This is accomplished by:
- Taking the Industrial Scaffold Services L.P. Site Supervisor Training;
- Ensuring that all employees are familiar with applicable regulatory requirements and follow all Industrial Scaffold Services L.P. policies, safe work methods, practices and procedures;
- Completing employee performance reviews that are linked to Health, Safety and Environmental performance at the individual level;
- Participating in the review of incidents and proactive reports ensuring proper investigation and follow up;
- Attending monthly safety communication meetings and participating in site inspections and ensuring hazard assessments are completed as scheduled or required;
- Ensuring all personnel are aware of and comply with Personal Protective Equipment requirements;
- Ensuring all people working onsite have received a Industrial Scaffold Services L.P., or equivalent safety orientation;
- Ensuring all tools, equipment and materials are operated and handled in a safe manner in accordance with manufacturer recommendations;
- Ensuring people under the supervision are properly trained to perform all job tasks in a safe manner;
- Recognizing safe performance and correcting unsafe conditions;
- To ensure safe work permits are obtained and that all employees are knowledgeable and abide by the conditions of the permit;
- To conduct toolbox meetings, record the minutes and forward them to office for review, corrective actions and filing;
- Setting an example by working safely and following accepted safe work procedures;
- All information received by the supervisors will be kept confidential no matter what the information pertains to.